Terms and Conditions
NRG Xpress Gym – Little Island, Cork – Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for NRG Xpress Gym
- Use of the facilities of the Club and use of the Club premises is strictly subject to the rules and regulations of the centre in effect at any time. A handbook is available to members on request.
- Payment of the annual membership fee will entitle the member to use of the club for a twelve month period and on the expiration of this period, the membership must be renewed by the member.
- In the event that the annual membership is not renewed within thirty days of its expiry, it is deemed to have expired and it will be necessary for the member to reapply for a membership.
- Payment of the annual membership fee must be paid in full before Club use commences – in the event of DD, the joining fee and payment of the first month subscription must be paid.
- In the event of DD, the member signs for a minimum of 12 months. The member may not terminate the contract prior to the completion of the 12 months and is wholly liable to the club for any monies due. After this period of time, should the member wish to cancel their membership, they must do so in writing to their bank and to NRG Xpress. If any direct debit payments are referred back to NRG Xpress the member must then pay the amount outstanding straightaway plus a €5 fee before the club can be used again.
- A membership may be terminated by the management for violation of any rules and regulations of the Club or for conduct deemed by the management to be detrimental to the welfare, good order or character of the Club and its members.
- The management reserves the right to utilise the Club facilities for special events, private parties, seminars, tournaments or other college events as determined by the Management of the club.
- Membership deposits and fees are not refundable, even in the case of injury, illness or if a member moves.
- Temporary suspension of the use of a membership may be allowed only for the gravest of reasons and must be sanctioned in writing by the Club management, on receipt of relevant evidence and appropriate fees.
- The member acknowledges that he/she is in good health and not suffering from any illness or disease.
- The Club health status questionnaire must be completed and signed by all applicants in advance of using the Club facilities.
- Smoking within the Club is not allowed and no food or drink may be brought into the Club at anytime.
- The member acknowledges that the Club will not be responsible for the loss of any personal items or damage to personal property, either on the Club premises or in the Club car parking areas.
- The member acknowledges that the Club accepts no liability whatsoever for any personal injury or property damage sustained by the member and the member acknowledges that he/she enters the Club and uses the facilities at his/her own risk.
- The Club will use its best endeavours to ensure that all facilities, apparatus and equipment are maintained in working order but the Club accepts no responsibility to the member for failure or breakdown of any equipment or apparatus, however caused.
- In the event of any dispute arising between a member of the Club and the management of the Club, the decision of the management is final.
- The management of the club reserves the right to amend and add to these conditions of membership and rules as it sees fit and the member shall observe any amendment or additional conditions or rules so made.
- Management reserves the right of admission and has absolute right to remove any member at any time.
- Car Parking – A member can use the complimentary car park for a maximum of 2 and half hours. The car park can only be used when a member is using the health and fitness facility.
- Suitable gym clothing and footwear must be worn while using the gym. No sandals or outdoor shoes permitted. Lockers are provided for your gym visit only and are not to be left occupied overnight.
- On joining the Club the member automatically accepts and agrees to be bound by these conditions of membership of the club.
All members must acknowledge that:
- they will use the facilities of the Club entirely at my own risk and the said Club shall have no liability whatsoever, whether in tort or in contract, for any loss, injury or damage howsoever sustained by me. I accept full responsibility for my own use of any and all the facilities, appliances, privilege or service whatsoever at my own risk and indemnify and hold harmless the Club, its shareholders and directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or I lessors from any and all loss, claim damage or liability sustained or incurred by me or my property howsoever caused.
- They have carefully read and understand the rules and regulations of the Club and hereby undertake to abide by same.
- They understand that the terms of this agreement are to be read in conjunction with and in addition to the rules and regulations of the Club and in the event of any conflict between the above mentioned terms and the rules and regulations, the terms of this membership agreement shall prevail.
HEALTH STATUS QUESTIONNAIRE
All members must notify NRG Xpress of any health concerns that the member may have including:
RISK FACTORS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
- History or family history of heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Smoking habit
- Over 40 male
- Over 50 female
- More than 20lbs overweight
- Sedentary for more than 5 years
RISK FACTORS FOR ILLNESS/INJURY
- Breathing disease
- Surgery or chronic disease
- Pregnancy within the last 3 months
- Back, joint, muscular disorder
- Incidents of seizure, blackout, fainting
- Taking any medication or substance
- Suffering from any allergies
- On a special diet